26 January, 2009

25 Random Things - the Facebook Fad

So, this thing has been floating around Facebook for a while. I figured I'd post it here, too.


1.) Despite my feelings earlier in life, I want a lot of kids. I went from wanting MAYBE one to wanting four. I figure if you're gonna do the family thing, you might as well go all in.

2.) I am a huge nerd to this day. I love GOOD science fiction (not crap like "Creature From the Black Lagoon"), and want to write it.

3.) I am a political junkie. I listen to NPR and read HuffPo and other political websites religiously.

4.) My greatest regret in life is not continuing to play music. I miss the sax!

5.) I have few regrets. This is not to say I have made few mistakes; God knows that's not true! BUT, I recognize how those mistakes have helped make me who I am; so, I don't regret them.

6.) My guilty pleasure: crappy reality TV. I'm pretty sure I've lost a few IQ points watching "Real Chance" and the like.

7.) My wife, Lexi, is the greatest blessing I have ever received.

8.) With any luck, I will eventually finish my Doctorate in Human Resource Development. My Doc is almost totally unrelated to either my Master's (Higher Ed Admin.) or my Bachelor's (History). I will be in school approximately... forever.

9.) My father was the greatest person I have ever known.

10.) I admire my wife's family. It doesn't get much better than drunken Rock Band and Scene It!

11.) Chocolate is the key to my good graces.

12.) When I left for college I was convinced that I would either be a professional jazz musician or a psychiatrist. Those delusions lasted most of my freshman year.

13.) Like my wife, I'm terrible at staying in touch. It is a grave character flaw we share. The ironic part is, we love our friends and families deeply.

14.) I am terrible at running for long distances, but (when I'm in shape) I run a mean sprint!

15.) My favorite sports moment of all time: Game 5 of the 1997 NBA finals, Bulls vs. Jazz. Michael Jordan played a huge game despite suffering from a nasty flu. Most memorably, he grabbed a rebound from HIS OWN missed free throw and nailed a 3-point shot to seal the game.

16.) I love Boston. I lived there for a while after graduating from undergrad. It was the coolest place ever.

17.) Public transportation is good. I would gladly give up one of our cars and live in a city with decent public transit.

18.) My biggest pet peeve is greed, in all of its forms. Life is too short to be greedy.

19.) I do not read enough anymore. My New Year's Resolution is to spend more time reading and less time watching TV.

20.) Viva Las Vegas.

21.) I have spent significant amounts of time learning four languages. I remember very little of any of them.

22.) I am proud to have voted twice for Barack Obama.

23.) I think people need to take "the Golden Rule" to heart. If people treated each other with more respect, the world would be a far better place.

24.) My dream car is the Mercedes-Benz SLK200. When I own that car, I'll know I've "made it." If only we can make it run on batteries AND keep the HP up...

25.) I am one lucky S.O.B.

No comments: